Certificates of Opinion with Planning and Building Regulations:
If the answer to any of the queries below is YES, you may require a Certificate of Opinion on Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations.
- Is there an extension to the front (including porches), rear or side of the property?
- Have non-habitable areas such as a garage space in your home been converted into a habitable room such as a utility/living room?
- Has the attic been converted?
- Is there a storage unit / sheds built on your property?
- Have internal walls or alterations to the layout been completed in your home.
- Has the driveway been altered or widened?
- Did you obtain a Planning Permission from the local authority for works to your property which do not have a Certificate of Compliance/Opinion with Planning and Building Regulations?
- Have you replaced an existing septic tank with an upgraded wastewater treatment system?
Boundary and Folio
If the answer to any of the queries below is YES, you may require a new Land Registry Compliant Map to be completed.
- Is the property you are selling unregistered?
- Have the boundary lines changed since you purchased the Property?
- Has your Solicitor advised you that your property requires a Land Registry Compliant map for first registration?
Declaration of Identity
If the answer to any of the queries below is YES, you may require a Declaration of Identity to be completed.
- I am selling my property and my property is in a rural area on a private site which is served by a private wastewater treatment system?
- I am selling my property and my property is in a rural area on a private site which is served by a private water supply?
- Has your Solicitor advised you to get a Declaration of Identity to confirm that the physical boundary lines of the property I am selling exactly match the folio map or deed map for the property?
Fire Safety Certificate
If the answer to any of the queries below is YES, you may be required to obtain a new Fire Safety Certificate.
- Is your property a commercial unit or an apartment that was constructed post 1st June 1992?
- Has your property had a change of use post 1st June 1992 i.e. has been changed from a restaurant to a gym?
- Have you altered the layout of the property i.e. removed internal walls, added a mezzanine level or office that was previously governed by an existing Fire Safety Certificate?